May 15, 2008

DIRT

My mom came up yesterday and we worked on the enterance by the back door. I LOVE digging in the dirt. Our goal is to have a xeroscape in the front and side yard. This is just a small section but we are slowly moving along. Here are some pictures of the final project...
I purchased the grassy stuff and river rock.
If all goes well the grassy stuff will cover a lot of the wall and window.
The rest came from different places around the yard. Jay will be removing that rose bush. Pretend you don't see it. Our next project we will be making our stepping stones to connect from the front yard. I killed all the weeds and we will be getting more rock for the driveway Some Lambs ear from the side yard. Thank goodness for the "westside nursery" (our side yard) We planted some of that in our little xeroscape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's going to look great! Our next step is to buy plastic to cover our front "city owned" plot. As it is we have to keep it well maintained or we'll get a ticket! Hopefully we'll get the plastic and rocks laid down so we don't have to pull weeks all summer. Your house is turning out great. I can't wait to see it.
Heart you,
J.

Erin said...

It's looking great! I'm excited to come up and visit you guys next week!