October 23, 2009

Sunday Will Come

My head hurts and my eyes are puffy from crying. I just found out that a friend of mine is dying. She has been fighting ovarian cancer for about 2 years (give or take) now. She went in Tuesday with horrible stomach pains and that's when they found a golf ball size tumor in her belly that had ruptured her bladder and did some other damage too. They preformed the surgery to remove the tumor and fix what they could and sent her home with hospice care and and a "nothing we can do for you now". The ward is in the process of making a remembrance book for her 2 young children so they can know and remember who their mom is. As I have been pondering what it is that I want her husband and children to know or remember, a talk by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin kept coming to mind. And as much as I want this to be just a horrible dream and wake up from the nastiness of this reality, I KNOW that Sunday Will Come when we can be with our loved ones and the sting of death will not separate us again. Tecia saved me after the birth of Katherine. Because of her faithfulness and willingness to obey the promptings of the spirit, she got me up, out and working. There was no time for self pity or why me. And that's another thing about my friend... she has fought this cancer with grace, dignity and never once questioned "why me". She is strong, faithful and beautiful inside and out and it was an absolute privilege to know her and call her friend.

2 comments:

Beth said...

WOW!!! That's about all I can say right now. That was a beautiful tribute to her Stephanie

Josh, Christy, C,N,J, and A said...

I'm so sorry Steph. Are prayers are with you and for your friend.