Here is a little TMI for you.
I woke up Sunday is a very fowl mood. I was angry that Jay was unemployed, my job is a joke, school is taking FOREVER, and basically I was focusing on ALL the negative things happening right now. Yes we have a major goal in the works, and yes it seems to be falling into place, but I was MAD!
Jay was up getting the girls ready for church and I was laying in bed with the covers over my head ready to attack. Jay comes in and asked if I would at least do the girls hair, and after debating if I really cared what they looked liked, I got my behind out of bed and did the first thing everyone does. And it just so happened that the Ensign was sitting on the side of the tub and I thought to myself… I need something NOW (there was no time really to thumb through the Book of Mormon. Heck, there wasn’t anytime for much of anything at this point). I flipped a few pages and found the talk. That’s when I changed my attitude and got myself in the shower and to church praying for forgiveness and counting all the things I have to be grateful for all the way there.
I’m sure, NO. Scratch that. I know we are not the only ones going through tough times right now. The world is falling apart faster every day. And of course a sister in Relief Society was sharing her testimony and expressing her love and gratitude to Heavenly Father and Jesus that they had shelter over their heads and food for her children while they were living in a tent when they arrived to Utah!
Thank you God
for reminding me
that my grass is green enough!
2 comments:
"my grass is green enough" I ADORE YOU!!!!
What an honest reminder of the good the bad and the ugly....and so much of it is determined by our attitudes!
I'm glad your day improved!
Beautiful! I just read that talk yesterday and loved it.
Post a Comment